That was a deck. It's big, monstrous, and prevents any light from reaching the back windows in the house. I'm not a big fan of light... in fact I'd say I'm relatively close to a vampire on a day-pass when it comes to sun touching my skin; however, that doesn't stop me from wanting to rid my house of this evil monstrosity.
The first time I saw this house I wondered why anyone would leave such a thing attached to a cute little house. 'Surely', I thought to myself, 'it can't be that hard to tear down this rickety old thing!' As if to prove me wrong, that rickety old thing turned out to be a well-built old thing with many many nails. That deck could open its own hardware store with all the nails it contained. In fact, working on the deck was why I purchased my favorite tool (thus far):
SLEDGEHAMMER
After just over a week of work on this deck, and only having nearly fallen off and broken my neck 3 times (believe me I'm not going to attempt to beat that record) I've taken the sides off! The top... well that's a different story. That one may need to be left to professionals that can wield power saws atop ladders 8 feet off the ground. I don't think adding nearly-falling-head-first-into-the-ground-from-8-feet-in-the-air-and-breaking-my-neck-but-catching-myself-and-only-severing-a-couple-limbs to my list of homeownership activities would be a good plan.
So, while it isn't perfect, I think this can still be counted in the 'win' column for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment