At a certain point you have to admit defeat. Well maybe you don't have to, but I certainly do. I called in the professionals to haul the rest of the stuff out of the bathroom.
Before hauling:
After hauling:
Then there's the issue of putting everything back in. I could not fathom putting a bathtub in myself. I am not embarrassed to admit that it is well beyond what I can do. I hired someone to put a new subfloor (ready for me to tile), a tub, and cement board on the walls (again ready for me to tile).
This was the result of 10 hours of their work:
Notice anything missing from the walls and floor? Thus my next job seems to be learning how to put cement board on the walls and floors. The only issue may be that I can barely lift the cement board and don't own a saw. We shall see if professionals will again be required.
I suppose the lesson in all if this is: 1) Know when to call the pros, 2) Make sure the pros are going to do what you want.





No comments:
Post a Comment